Best Dua for Seeking Forgiveness (Syed-ul-Istighfar)

Shaddad bin Aus (Radhi Allah Anh) said: Prophet Muhammad (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “The best supplication for seeking forgiveness (Syed-ul-Istighfar) is to say:  


اَللّٰهُمَّ اَنْتَ رَبِّيْ ، لَا اِلٰهَ اِلَّا اَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِيْ وَاَنَا عَبْدُكَ ، وَاَنَا عَلَی عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ اَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ ، اَبُوْءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ ، وَ اَبُوْءُ بِذَنْبِي ، فَاغْفِرْ لِيْ ، فَاِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوْبَ اِلَّا اَنْتَ

Allâhumma Anta Rabbî, lâ ilâha illâ Anta, khalaqtanî wa anâ 'abduka, wa anâ 'alâ 'ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, a'ûdhu bika min sharri mâ sana'tu, abû'u laka bini'maktika 'alayya, wa abû'u bidhanbî, faghfir lî, fa innahu lâ yaghfirudh-dhunûba illâ Anta

O Allah! You are my Rabb. There is no true god except You. You have created me, and I am Your slave, and I hold to Your Covenant as far as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge the favors that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess my sins. Pardon me, for none but You has the power to pardon

Whoever makes this dua during the day with firm belief in it and dies on the same day (before the evening) he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah (Paradise); and whoever makes this dua during the night with firm belief in it and dies before the morning, he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah (Paradise).”

[Al-Bukhari]

Comments

|| Popular Posts ||

আমি অলী ছাড়া বিয়ে করেছি। পরে জানতে পারলাম যে, অলী ছাড়া বিয়ে বাতিল। পরবর্তীতে তিনবারে মেয়েকে তিন তালাক প্রদান করেছি। এখন কি মেয়েটাকে আমার মোহর দেওয়া লাগবে?

My Photo Albums ( ATOWAR RAHMAN - Bappi )

Fatwa_The difference between Ibadah (Worship) and Obedience – Imam Ibn Baaz

Hadith on Unity: Separation and division is from the devil...

Sahih Bukhari : Book of "Prayer (Salat)"

The Story of Prophet Younus (a.s) and the Dua for Distress:

Hadith on Malice: Repentance not accepted until rancor rejected

Chapter___ Abandoning the Prayer is from the Most Dangerous of Sins _ (Imām Adh-Dhahabi)

The Qur'an and the Mountain_

The Abridgement Of The Prophet’s Prayer Described – Shaykh Al-Albaani